Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Hon. Stephenson King, Minister for Labour has informed the National Workers Union (NWU) that he will meet the Management of St. James’s Club Morgan Bay and the National Workers Union on Wednesday November 14, 2018 at Mediation Level.
The NWU is looking forward to the meeting to deal with an industrial impasse between the parties that was exhausted at conciliation level.
The NWU is of the opinion that the Minister will have put more time into the process so as to reach an amicable settlement between the parties.
The NWU is of the hope that all will be done so that the hotel workers could receive an increase and back pay before Christmas 2018.
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff
- 1.5 million Caribbean jobs expected to be lost due to COVID-19 — ILO
- St Lucia photographer Kirk Elliott launches FREE Virtual Photo Tour
- Saint Lucian cultural activist says working from home increased her creative juices (+video)
- Sagicor launches plan for frontline ‘heroes’
- Caribbean Association of Banks appoints new director
- Digicel’s US$1.7-billion debt restructuring deal amounts to default: Moody’s
- Export Saint Lucia, gov’t say local businesses experience growth after overseas Mission
- WLBL and SLD urge Saint Lucian consumers to drink responsibly