Share This On:
A Facebook page has been created for Therold Prudent’s bid to represent the opposition Saint Lucia Labour Party (SLP) in Gros Islet in the next general elections.
The page was created on Thursday, May 30, and Prudent, the former leader of the Lucian People’s Movement (LPM), told St. Lucia News Online that the page is authentic.
“It does not mean that the nomination process is over,” Prudent told St. Lucia News Online on Thursday afternoon. “My supporters are just stating my intention to seek the nomination.”
A post on the page reads, “A humble man of ideas, vision, experience, strong and articulate, and ready to serve!”, while the cover page echoes: “I’m with Sardine — Licks for Spider”.
The page, created a mere hour before Prudent was contacted by our newsroom, has surpassed 40 likes.
When asked about the nickname ‘Sardine’, Prudent replied: “Great food!”
He has promised to provide more information on his intention to win the nomination for Gros Islet later Thursday.
At the start of 2019, it was announced that Prudent’s LPM would merge with the SLP.
In a post on social media at the time, the party commended Prudent for the move, in which the LPM would be dissolved and its members joining the main opposition SLP.
“The Lucian People’s Movement (LPM) stands united and completely supportive of our leader’s decision to join the St Lucia Labour Party (SLP),” the post read. “We offer our continued support to Mr Therold Prudent, and wish him well on this new journey for our country.”
Prudent had said the move was designed to put country above all else, since the country is being poorly governed by the present United Workers Party government, adding that the LPM had a big voice in the politics of Saint Lucia.
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM