Share This On:
The Saint Lucia Labour Party (SLP) has selected a candidate to contest the Castries North seat at the next elections, who plans to defeat the incumbent MP and former Prime Minister Stephenson King.
John Charlery has expressed confidence that he could unseat King, but admitted that it will be a huge challenge given King’s popularity in the country and in particular that constituency.
“I know to myself that on the day of the elections I will prove everybody wrong,” he remarked.
Charlery has said that his team is working hard to understand the needs of the constituents and see how best he can help to address some of the issues they face.
While he acknowledged security, unemployment and the lack of sporting facilities are among some of the major issues affecting the constituency, Charlery said he is not prepared to make any promises he can’t keep.
Charlery is confident that the SLP will perform well at the next general elections.
More Politics Stories
- Mayaro mayor concludes Saint Lucia visit November 18, 2019
- US, Taiwan delegates visit Saint Lucia November 7, 2019
- UWP “saddened” by shooting of “loyal member” November 4, 2019
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019
- ‘Questionable’ UWP gov’t transactions will be investigated: Pierre October 15, 2019