Popular radio personality, Sam “Juke Bois” Flood, was recently threatened by an unknown individual who called in to a live radio programme he hosted on Caribbean HOT FM.
Flood confirmed with St. Lucia News Online (SNO) on Wednesday that the incident occurred on Tuesday evening around 7:21 p.m.
He said the male caller told him, “I’m going to block you on the road” and he immediately disconnected the call.
The radio journalist said this is the first time he has ever been threatened by someone on air.
Flood told SNO that he is convinced that it was politically motivated, stating “they probably having their cronies to call and try to intimidate media workers who are influential in society.”
“I will not allow myself to be intimidated by nobody,” he asserted.
Flood said he has not made a report with the police and doesn’t intend to do so, because nothing seems to come out from the so-called investigations, as it relates to media workers being threatened.
Just last week, veteran journalist, Rick Wayne, was threatened on live television. Wayne was at the time hosting his weekly programme ‘Talk’ on DBS on Thursday, April 28.
The caller reportedly told Wayne that he is a “bad boy”, who has guns, urging the talk show host and newspaper publisher to desist from speaking in the way that he does.
That matter caught the attention of the police and is currently being investigated.