Share This On:
12 noon Weather Report
Date: 19th September 2019
Forecasters: Maclean Jn Baptiste
Present weather at Hewanorra Airport is fair.
Present weather at GFL Charles Airport is partly cloudy.
Present temperature at Hewanorra Airport is 31 °C or 88 °F.
Last night’s minimum temperature at Hewanorra Airport was 25 °C or 77 ° F.
Wind at Hewanorra Airport is blowing from the east-southeast at 12 mph or 19 km/h.
Rainfall in the 24-hour period that ended at 8:00 am today:
At Hewanorra Airport: Nil. At GFL Charles Airport: Nil.
Total rainfall for the month of September so far:
At Hewanorra Airport: 72.2 mm. At GFL Charles Airport: 102.5 mm
Sunset today: 6:02 pm. Sunrise tomorrow: 5:52 am.
FORECAST FOR SAINT LUCIA VALID FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS
Winds will be blowing from between the east-southeast and southeast near 12 mph or 19 km/h, becoming lighter and variable at times.
Weather: Fair skies, occasionally becoming cloudy with a few scattered showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms.
MARINE FORECAST FOR SEAS IN A 25 MILE OR 40 KM RADIUS FROM SAINT LUCIA
Tides for Castries Harbour: Low at present… High at 6:31 pm
Tides for Vieux Fort Bay: Low at 01:30 pm… High at 7:38 pm
Seas: Slight to moderate with waves and swells 3 to 5 feet or 0.9 to 1.5 metres.
FORECAST FOR THE LESSER ANTILLES
Fair skies, occasionally becoming cloudy with a few scattered showers and a chance of thunderstorms.
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
Moisture and instability in the lower atmosphere over the Eastern Caribbean islands will cause a few showers there during the next 24 hours.
… TROPICAL STORM JERRY HAS BEEN UPGRADED TO A HURRICANE…
At 11:00 am today, the eye of Hurricane Jerry was located near latitude 16.8 North, longitude 54.4 West or about 490 miles or 785 kilometers east of the Leeward Islands. Jerry is moving toward the west-northwest near 16 mph or 26 km/h and this general motion is expected to continue today. On this track, the eye of Jerry will be near the northern Leeward Islands tomorrow and pass north of Puerto Rico on Saturday.
A tropical storm watch is in effect for the northern Leeward Islands from Barbuda northward to St. Eustatius.
Maximum sustained winds have increased to near 75 mph or 120 km/h, with higher gusts. Jerry is forecast to strengthen during the next day before some weakening begins this weekend.
Interests around the northern Leeward Islands, the Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico should monitor the progress of Jerry. Hurricane Jerry poses no threat to Saint Lucia at this time.
A tropical wave located over the central tropical Atlantic has a low potential for development during the next few days. This wave is being closely monitored as it moves westward towards the Eastern Caribbean at 17 mph or 28 km/h.
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019 6:04 PM
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 5:04 PM
- Roger Harper eager to lead new era of West Indies selections October 16, 2019 3:41 PM
- Food Express workers to receive wage increase, back pay, allowances: NWU October 16, 2019 3:16 PM
- Bay Gardens Resorts offers unbeatable savings for Creole Heritage Month October 16, 2019 2:51 PM
- NWU hopes to close negotiations with GNT October 16, 2019 2:03 PM