Share This On:
Beryl becomes the first hurricane of the 2018 Atlantic Hurricane Season.
At 5:00 am today, the center of Hurricane Beryl was located near latitude 10.6 north, longitude 45.1 west or about 1098 miles or 1767 km east-southeast of Saint Lucia.
Beryl is moving towards the west near 14 mph or 22 km/h.
A faster west-northwestward motion is expected through the weekend.
On this forecast track, the centre of Beryl will remain east of the Lesser Antilles through early Sunday.
Maximum sustained winds have increased to 75 mph or 120 km/h with higher gusts.
Some additional strengthening is forecast today.
Beryl is forecast to quickly weaken by late Saturday and become a Tropical Storm or degenerate into a strong open trough near the Lesser Antilles late Sunday or Monday.
Interests in Saint Lucia and the Lesser Antilles should continue to monitor the progress of this system.
– SOURCE: Saint Lucia Met Services
- 6 a.m. June 5, 2020 Saint Lucia weather update
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- 6 p.m. June 4, 2020 Saint Lucia weather update
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership