Share This On:
Beryl becomes the first hurricane of the 2018 Atlantic Hurricane Season.
At 5:00 am today, the center of Hurricane Beryl was located near latitude 10.6 north, longitude 45.1 west or about 1098 miles or 1767 km east-southeast of Saint Lucia.
Beryl is moving towards the west near 14 mph or 22 km/h.
A faster west-northwestward motion is expected through the weekend.
On this forecast track, the centre of Beryl will remain east of the Lesser Antilles through early Sunday.
Maximum sustained winds have increased to 75 mph or 120 km/h with higher gusts.
Some additional strengthening is forecast today.
Beryl is forecast to quickly weaken by late Saturday and become a Tropical Storm or degenerate into a strong open trough near the Lesser Antilles late Sunday or Monday.
Interests in Saint Lucia and the Lesser Antilles should continue to monitor the progress of this system.
– SOURCE: Saint Lucia Met Services
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM
- US hospital ship to offer free medical services in Jamaica October 21, 2019 10:55 PM
- Trinidad: Lawsuit filed against Facebook user who named man a “bandit” October 21, 2019 9:29 PM
- New tourist attraction ‘Glittering Sands’ opens in Anse-la-Raye October 21, 2019 9:20 PM
- Saint Lucia-born student wins regional essay writing competition October 21, 2019 8:10 PM
- Castries man injured in Marisule motorcycle accident October 21, 2019 6:37 PM
- Reela wins 3rd leg of Community 7s rugby tournament in Desruisseaux October 21, 2019 2:59 PM
- BREAKING NEWS: Saint Lucia gov’t denies buying horses or funding racetrack October 21, 2019 2:38 PM
- Three injured in Bexon accident October 21, 2019 2:10 PM