A wooden house was completely destroyed by fire in Anse La Raye this morning.
Reports are that the fire started around 3:30 a.m.
Deputy Chief Fire Officer Lambert Charles told St. Lucia News Online (SNO) that the fire was extinguished by residents before the fire service arrived.
According to Charles the house was unattended at the time of the fire.
“There was nobody in the house. The officers were told that the person from the house is at the Wellness Centre and the house was closed,” he explained.
The fire official said the total estimated loss is EC$11,000.