Share This On:
Fire officials are investigating what they have described as a structural fire at Monkey Town, Ciceron in Castries on Monday afternoon, March 19, 2018.
Officials said a concrete and plywood structure was completely destroyed.
The building was unoccupied at the time of the fire, officials said, while residents claimed that the house had no electricity and had been vacant for a number of weeks.
Fire officials said the owner of the structure is said to be one Austin Prospere.
Fire officials were alerted minutes after 5 p.m. and promptly extinguished the blaze before it spread to a nearby house.
However, reports are that pipe fittings and a camera system belonging to the neighbouring house was damaged as a result of the heat from the fire.
There were no reports of injury.
- Castries Constituency Council workers return to work February 27, 2020 9:05 AM
- RSS to present crime scene investigations equipment to St. Lucia police February 27, 2020 8:57 AM
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM