Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – About 10:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 27, 2019, Officers attached to the Criminal Investigations Department, Castries, received a report of a shooting at Odsan, Castries. Officers were informed that an unknown male entered a business place and proceeded to discharge rounds of ammunition in the direction of patrons.
On arrival, officers encountered Yanney Severin, a nineteen (19) year old resident of Odsan, with apparent gunshot injuries about his body, receiving medical attention by emergency personnel. He was conveyed to the Victoria Hospital via ambulance, where he was pronounced dead. A post mortem examination is scheduled for a later date.
Two other males sustained injuries during the said incident. Both males are reported to be in stable condition.
Anyone with information regarding this matter is asked to contact the Crime Hotline at 45-CRIME (452-7463) or the Major Crimes Unit at 4563754.
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM