Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of an unidentified male during an alleged armed robbery.
On Thursday November 16, 2017 about 8:20p.m, officers attached to the Criminal Investigations Department, Castries responded to a report of robbery at San De Fay in Sarrot, Castries.
Upon arrival, officers received information about two masked men who fled the scene after allegedly attempting to rob another male at gun point.
On Friday November 17, 2017 about 1:15am, the body of an unidentified masked male was discovered about 10 feet from the main road in San de Fay.
The body was transported to the Victoria Hospital where he was pronounced dead by a medical practitioner.
A post mortem examination is scheduled for a later date.
This brings the number of homicides recorded for the year 2017 to fifty three (53).
This individual is yet to be identified.
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM