Share This On:
Police have recovered an “Uzi-type” sub-machine gun in Hill 20, Babonneau, according to reliable sources.
Reports are that around 8:30 p.m. Thursday (April 20), off-duty police officers observed two suspicious males standing near the WASCO water plant at Hill 20 and began to approach.
However, the two males ran, with one of them dropping a nylon bag that contained the automatic gun and two rounds of ammunition, sources say.
No one was arrested but police are reportedly investigating whether this gun was used in a foiled armed robbery at a shop in Girard, Babonneau early Sunday.
During the incident, the alleged gunman was overpowered, disarmed and beaten severely by patrons of the shop.
The gun was not immediately handed over to the police.
The suspect from that incident was brought into police custody today (Thursday), accompanied by his lawyer, after he was discharged from Victoria Hospital on Tuesday morning without police guard.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM