Share This On:
Police have recovered an “Uzi-type” sub-machine gun in Hill 20, Babonneau, according to reliable sources.
Reports are that around 8:30 p.m. Thursday (April 20), off-duty police officers observed two suspicious males standing near the WASCO water plant at Hill 20 and began to approach.
However, the two males ran, with one of them dropping a nylon bag that contained the automatic gun and two rounds of ammunition, sources say.
No one was arrested but police are reportedly investigating whether this gun was used in a foiled armed robbery at a shop in Girard, Babonneau early Sunday.
During the incident, the alleged gunman was overpowered, disarmed and beaten severely by patrons of the shop.
The gun was not immediately handed over to the police.
The suspect from that incident was brought into police custody today (Thursday), accompanied by his lawyer, after he was discharged from Victoria Hospital on Tuesday morning without police guard.
- Mayor Francis commends emergency personnel for heroic response to Thursday’s city fire November 22, 2019 1:12 PM
- Minister discusses health financing at Global Fund meeting November 22, 2019 1:05 PM
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019 10:25 AM
- Voyager building entirely gutted by massive blaze says PM Chastanet November 22, 2019 9:38 AM
- Final phase of Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project November 22, 2019 7:12 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM