In the matter of the Queen versus Elton Theodore, who is charged for sexual intercourse with a minor, has twice missed his court-ordered reporting and failed to attend court on this last occasion.
Sophia Francis, who served as surety for Theodore, also failed to attend court on Feb. 19, and as such a summons was issued for her to attend the next court session. The matter was adjourned to April 21, 2013.
Cases involving Attorney H. Fraiser were on Feb. 19 all given new dates due to Fraiser’s inability to attend court. His apologies were presented to Justice Cumberbatch and as such several matters were adjourned as follows:
* The Queen versus Marvin William: this case was down for management; the defendant faces charges of murder and is currently on remand at the Bordelais Correctional Facility. Williams will return to court on March 7, 2013.
* The Queen versus Octave Spooner: this matter was also down for management; the defendant is charged with indecent assault and is currently on bail. Spooner will also return to court on March 7, 2013.
* The Queen versus Natoukie Anthony, Jacob Leonce and Aaron Stanislaus: this matter was on the docket for case management; the defendants are all charged with kidnapping. Anthony, who is represented by Attorney Marius Wilson, who was absent from court, is also remanded at the Bordelais Correctional Facility. Leonce is represented by Attorney Fraiser and is currently on bail. Stanislaus is represented by Attorney Dasrean Greene. Stanislaus is also out on bail. The matters were all adjourned to March 7, 2013.
Justice Cumberbatch also adjourned the following cases for further management:
* The Queen versus Taj Ignatius Pink who is accused of false and misleading statements and is currently on remand at Bordelais. Pink is represented by Attorney Andy George. He will return to court on April 18, 2013.
* Rufinus Hilson Minveille is charged with attempted rape. Minveille is currently on bail and is represented by Leslie Mondesir who is currently involved with the Commission of Inquiry at the St Lucia Fire Service. As such the matter was adjourned to April 25, 2013.
* Kendal Demar who stands accused of causing death will return to court on March 29, 2013. Demar, who is represented by Attorney E Moise, is currently on bail. The matter was adjourned to allow the prosecution to complete filing motions and applications to facilitate the trial.
The following matters were adjourned for arraignment:
* In the matter of the Queen versus co-defendants Merlan Mark and Ryan Canchon, the defendants are currently on bail on charges of stealing from a business place. Mark was present in court on Feb. 19, however Canchon failed to show once again and has thus far evaded a bench warrant which is still outstanding. Mark and Canchon are scheduled to appear again on March 6, 2013.
* Llewelyn Richard Elizere who is accused of wounding is represented by Attorney G James. Currently on bail, Elizere is scheduled to reappear in court on April 26, 2013.
* In the matter of the Queen versus Aaron Alpherson, who is accused of causing death, a presentence report, as well as a psychiatric report, were ordered and received by the court. Defence attorney D Moyston has been granted leave to make final submissions to the court. These are due by April 5, 2013. The case has been adjourned to April 18, 2013 for closing arguments.