Share This On:
GIS – The Hospitality Industry Advisory Committee (HIAC), last week met with Minister for Education, Innovation, Gender Relations and Sustainable Energy, Hon. Dr. Gayle Rigobert, to inform her of the committee’s purpose and the work that the committee has undertaken.
The committee was officially launched on Nov. 13, 2015 by the Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET) Unit of the Ministry of Education, with a mandate to review the products of the program curricula to ensure that it reflects the needs of the workplace and the trainees; to make recommendations for learning materials, promotion and marketing strategies; to provide advice on and advocacy for employment and further training of participants; and to provide advice on context and linkages to other opportunities.
To date, the committee has had a number of meetings aimed at finding strategic means of addressing the Human Resource gaps of the hospitality/tourism industry.
The committee has also engaged the Central Statistics Office (CSO) in obtaining key employment data to drive the process.
Representatives of the HIAC stated that the meeting with the Hon. Minister was exceedingly fruitful and that they are assured of the Minister’s full support.
The HIAC met with the minister on Sep. 14.
More GIS News Stories
- Funding for OECS Regional Health Project December 4, 2019
- Government to improve e-services December 4, 2019
- Legislation governing employment at new hospital discussed December 4, 2019
- CARICOM decision promotes industry in less developed nations December 3, 2019
- Prime Minister tours forensic lab December 3, 2019
- Government project to protect historical assets November 27, 2019
- Improving the school feeding initiative November 27, 2019
- Saint Lucia-Taiwan Tradeshow opens Friday November 27, 2019
- Gender Equality Workshop November 26, 2019