Share This On:
(SNO) — The National Emergency Management Organisation (NEMO) on Sunday (just after midnight) released information on reports on the effects of the weekend heavy rains on the island.
Rising water levels in various river basins have been reported.
“In particular, NEMO is capable of monitoring (virtually) the Alba bridge and at 10:34 pm on 10.11. 2018, the water level was recorded at 3.71 m but has now receded,” NEMO said in a statement on Facebook.
In Dennery North, the agency said the Ti Gadettte-Denierre Riviere Link bridge is submerged and a section of the La Ressource Road is flooded.
The Trou-Allou Bridge, St. Peters Lane, and Church Street in Dennery South are flooded.
The Bexon region was not spared, as usual. According to NEMO, the Bexon Gas Station and Marc entrance are flooded, while the Bexon Highway and Crown Lands Bridge are both flooded and impassable.
Flooding was also reported in Malgretoute, Micoud, and Aupicon junction which is impassable.
Fallen trees have been reported in the Barre De’Isle area, NEMO said.
“Any further information will be made available as soon as it is received. Please be vigilant and take all necessary measures to ensure safety,” NEMO further stated.
Editor’s note: Some of these conditions may have improved by now based on the time NEMO posted their report on Facebook (12:44 a.m. Sunday)
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM