Share This On:
I never respected anybody and I didn’t care about people’s feelings. If I had to say anything I would just say what I want and walk away.
My suffering started at the age of thirteen. At that age I was molested and I was afraid to share it with people. I was not sure anyone would believe me. I was humiliated by that man. He used to curse me, fight me and throw bottles at me.
One day it reached the point of him grabbing my neck trying to kill me after he had molested me. I grew up hating men and being very disobedient to my mother. To cover up the pain I started drinking all kinds of rum and smoking. I was going to parties and jumping Carnival, trying to find happiness and joy.
Inside of the house were frequent arguments, from morning till night. I was fed up of that situation. I wanted to put an end to my suffering. That is why I had the desire to kill myself. I cut my wrist with blades; I wanted to bleed to death. One night I took twenty tablets at once, I had decided to end my life. The stress and the problems in my house were making me go crazy. It was too much!
I left my house for three days. My mother used to give me money to go to school but I would not go. I used to go to my friend’s house or sometimes I used to sleep under the stands at Marchand Field. I didn’t have peace in my house. When I was out, I wanted to come back but when I was back I would want to leave.
My desire was to have a gun and end my pain; I was lost, disappointed with life and insecure about my future. I was deeply wounded inside, having no pleasure for life. As much as I tried to find a way out of my problems, they were getting worse.
One day I heard about the YPG (Youth Power Group) here in Saint Lucia. I went there to see what it was about. They talked to me and helped me to overcome my traumas. Today I forgave the one who hurt me. I have no more anger, no more sadness and I love my mother. Inside of me I have peace and joy. I have confidence within myself and I want to live and not die!
N.B: The YPG is a non-profitable organization with the aim of changing young people`s life.
The youths from the YPG have a lot to say when it comes to pain.
Truth and reality unfolds in our meetings made by young people to young people.
Every week, different topics that will open your eyes to the Truth and help you direct your life on the right path.
The Destination of your life is in your hands!
If you want to know more about the YPG, contact us on:
YPG HELP LINE: 724-8130 / 724-8041
YPG Whatsapp: 717-0311
Saint Lucian’s biggest youth network offering a range of activities and practical advice to help young people become successful adults.
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM
- Uncertainty as civil unrest continues in Dominica December 4, 2019 9:56 AM