Share This On:
(SNO) – Two firearms and a quantity of ammunition, including hollow point bullets, are now off the streets, thanks to law enforcement officials.
Two young men in their 20s were arrested — in separate incidents — but they have not been formally charged.
The first incident occurred on Saturday, Dec. 15, around 5 p.m., when a 9mm handgun and 11 rounds of ammunition, including eight hollow points, were recovered from a young man of Bois Patat, Castries.
Sources told St. Lucia News Online that the young man was walking when police on patrol searched him and found the weapon.
Hollow point bullets are deemed to be deadly because they expand in the target and they are used for greater accuracy, according to information gleaned from several websites.
Meanwhile, the second incident occurred on Sunday, about 6 a.m., when a 26-year-old man of Bagatelle was nabbed with a RG 14 .22 revolver. Officials said the handgun was found in a bag.
The recovery was made after a search warrant was carried out by a joint police patrol on the man’s residence.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM