Share This On:
(NEWS ROOM GUYANA) — A woman of Crow Island in the Pomeroon River has died and five of her relatives have been hospitalized after eating pepperpot and cassava on Saturday.
Dead is Salome Thomas, said to be in her 30s. A relative told the News Room that she worked as a cook at the nearby Wakapao school.
After the meal, the family members began vomiting and were rushed to the hospital on the Essequibo Coast.
Those hospitalized are the woman’s husband, her parents and her in-laws. The woman’s two children did not partake of the meal.
- Guyana: Indigenous chiefs maintain they will not let outsiders in their villages
- Guyana: Minibus driver and conductor arrested for packing minibus — breaking COVID rule
- Guyanese accused of “careless, callous behaviour” as COVID-19 cases rise
- Man stabs mother-in-law to death in Guyana
- Guyana: Dead newborn in bag treated as homicide, police reviews CCTV footage
- Guyana: Escaped COVID-19 patient captured in Brazil
- Guyana: Newborn baby dumped in plastic bag
- CARICOM Observer Team for Guyana elections recount arrives in Guyana
- Guyana: Porknocker murdered by woman over missing gun