Share This On:
(NEWS ROOM GUYANA) — Thirty-three-year-old housekeeper Donetta Rajkumar appeared before City Magistrate Faith McGusty Wednesday accused of stealing money from the home of her employer, Minister within the Ministry of Natural Resources, Simona Broomes.
Rajkumar of Westminster, La Parfaite Harmonie, West Bank Demerara (WBD) pleaded not guilty to the charge and was released on $75,000 bail.
It is alleged that between March 6 and 7, 2019, at Lodge Housing Scheme, Georgetown, Rajkumar stole $195,000 from the dwelling house of Broomes.
Her lawyer, Everton Singh-Lammy told the court that his client is the sole breadwinner for her three children.
He argued that six other persons occupy the house and also have access to it.
However, Police Prosecutor Ceon Blackman told the court that during the period mentioned in the charge, Rajkumar was alone at Broomes’ house and had access to where the money was kept.
Magistrate McGusty, with no objection raised by the prosecutor, released Rajkumar on bail and adjourned the matter to April 3, 2019.
More Guyana News Stories
- Guyana: Former soldier gets life imprisonment for beheading uncle November 19, 2019
- Guyana: Man gets 17 years in prison for killing brother November 19, 2019
- Guyana: Six-year-old girl killed trying to cross road to buy chewing gum November 19, 2019
- Guyana Bar Association mourns death of former Chief Justice Ian Chang November 18, 2019
- Guyana: Headless body of Brazilian man found on Lethem road November 17, 2019
- Guyanese newlywed killed by husband in murder/suicide in Queens November 9, 2019
- Guyana: 8-year-old student hospitalized after beating by classmates November 7, 2019