Share This On:
(NEWSROOM GUYANA) — A teenager was stabbed to death after he attempted to prevent a 40-year-old man from beating his reputed wife.
Nyron Vyphuis, 19, of Circuit Ville, Yarrowkabra, Soesdyke/Linden Highway was killed Saturday around 19:00hrs.
The suspect, who is a vendor, was arguing with his wife and was about to hit her when the teenager intervened, police said.
An argument then ensued between the vendor and the young man.
According to the police “the suspect allegedly inflicted a fatal stab with a knife to the left region of Vyphuis’ stomach.”
The suspected murder weapon was retrieved and the suspect has been arrested.
Meanwhile, the body was escorted to the Lyken Funeral Parlour, awaiting a post mortem examination.
More Caribbean Stories
- Trini couple guilty of marriage fraud in US January 20, 2020
- Guyana: Man sets wife on fire, commits suicide January 20, 2020
- Jamaica: Man gets one-year probation for accidental touch January 20, 2020
- Barbados PM says US seeking to divide region January 20, 2020
- Trinidad: Missing man emerges from forest with an incredible story January 20, 2020
- Trinidad’s state-owned oil company loses US$500,000 in bad deal January 20, 2020
- BVI giving 100 citizens land to cultivate medical marijuana January 17, 2020