Share This On:
(NEWS ROOM GUYANA) — Two children – ages 17, 11 – are now traumatised after they witnessed their father hacking their mother to death with an axe on Friday night at 5 Miles Bartica Potaro Road.
Dead is 37-year-old Natoya Speede, a teacher of Lot 34, 6th Avenue Bartica.
The suspect, Orin King, got the family together under the pretext that they were going for a family photoshoot when he committed the heinous crime.
King attempted to take his own life after he was found by the Police with multiple wounds about his body; he told the ranks that the wounds were self-inflicted.
Police Headquarters said that King is in a critical condition at Bartica Hospital under Police guard.
The incident occurred at approximately 19:30hrs; Speede died at the Bartica Hospital while receiving medical attention.
According to the Police, for several months now the couple has been experiencing domestic issues.
- Guyana: Large ganja farm destroyed in Canje
- Guyana: Woman and grandchild killed after tree falls on kitchen
- Guyana: Man stabs brother to death
- Guyana: Indigenous chiefs maintain they will not let outsiders in their villages
- Guyana: Minibus driver and conductor arrested for packing minibus — breaking COVID rule
- Guyanese accused of “careless, callous behaviour” as COVID-19 cases rise
- Man stabs mother-in-law to death in Guyana
- Guyana: Dead newborn in bag treated as homicide, police reviews CCTV footage
- Guyana: Escaped COVID-19 patient captured in Brazil