Share This On:
(NEWS ROOM) — Lindon Daniels, a taxi driver, appeared before Magistrate Leron Daly Wednesday accused of raping his female passengers and stealing their phones.
He was charged with three counts of rape and was not required to plea. Magistrate Daly remanded Daniels to prison until March 1, 2019.
Daniels is accused of driving victims to a lonely area and raping them. It is further alleged that he would take away their phones and drive away after committing the act.
Particulars of the first charge alleged that on February 18, 2019, at New Providence, East Bank Demerara, Daniels engaged in sexual activity with a woman over the age of 17.
The second charge alleged that on February 13, 2019, at New Providence, East Bank Demerara, Daniels engaged in sexual activity with a girl who is under the age of 16.
The third charge alleged that on January 30, 2019, at Kuru-Kuru, Soesdyke, East Bank Demerara, Daniels engaged in sexual activity with a woman who is over the age of 17.
He is also accused of stealing the same woman’s $37,000 cellphone on the same day in question; he pleaded not guilty to this charge.
Daniels was also charged with assaulting a woman on February 11, 2019, at New Providence Public Road by pulling down her underwear. He pleaded not guilty to the charge.
It is also alleged that Daniels stole the woman’s Samsung cellphone valued $45,000 to which he pleaded not guilty.
Police Prosecutor Richard Harris objected to Daniels being released on bail, citing the seriousness of the charges.
More Guyana News Stories
- Guyana: Former soldier gets life imprisonment for beheading uncle November 19, 2019
- Guyana: Man gets 17 years in prison for killing brother November 19, 2019
- Guyana: Six-year-old girl killed trying to cross road to buy chewing gum November 19, 2019
- Guyana Bar Association mourns death of former Chief Justice Ian Chang November 18, 2019
- Guyana: Headless body of Brazilian man found on Lethem road November 17, 2019
- Guyanese newlywed killed by husband in murder/suicide in Queens November 9, 2019