Share This On:
(NEWSROOM GUYANA) – The driver of the motorcar which stuck down 81-year-old Parvini Ramcharran was on Wednesday granted station bail in the sum of $100,000.
The News Room has learnt that a Post Mortem is scheduled for January 14th and as such, after a 72-hour detention period ended, the driver was put on station bail.
The driver is said to be a Chinese businessman of Robb Street, Lacytown, Georgetown; he was made to lodge his passport at the station.
Ramcharran of Lot 4 Nigg Corentyne had just collected her pension and was making her way home when she was struck down half way across the road on the pedestrian crossing. The impact sent her into the air and onto the parapet on the southern side of the road.
Her son, Jaichand Persaud Balkaran, who was waiting for her at the bus shed heard the impact and he made his way to the scene; there he found his mother panting for breath.
The woman was assisted by the driver and her son to the Port Mourant Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.
The entire ordeal was recorded on CCTV camera.
More Caribbean Stories
- Trinidad: Mom hacked to death – Cops stop suspect from dying by suicide February 21, 2020
- Trinidad: Man, 38, who allegedly filmed molestation of child, arrested February 21, 2020
- Jamaica: Teen arrested after bringing knife to school February 21, 2020
- Guyana celebrates 1st oil shipment after major discovery February 21, 2020
- BVI signs CARICOM agreement to establish medical schools February 21, 2020
- Jamaica: Cop flees in the nude after caught with soldier’s wife February 21, 2020