Share This On:
(NEWS ROOM GUYANA) — A six-year-old student of the Greenwich Park Primary School was on Saturday killed in an accident on the Farm, East Bank Essequibo public road.
The incident occurred at about 17:00hrs.
The News Room learnt that Kelissa Richards left her Lot 4 Farm home unknowing to her mother to purchase chewing gum on the other side of the public road.
As she was attempting to cross the road, she was struck down by motorcar PRR 7918.
She was picked up in an unconscious state by the driver of the motorcar and rushed her to the Leonora hospital where she was pronounced dead on arrival.
The News Room understands that the child told her mother that she wanted “chico” but her mother told her that she would get it later.
As the mother was doing household chores, the child left the yard to go buy the gum on her own.
More Guyana News Stories
- Guyana: Former soldier gets life imprisonment for beheading uncle November 19, 2019
- Guyana: Man gets 17 years in prison for killing brother November 19, 2019
- Guyana Bar Association mourns death of former Chief Justice Ian Chang November 18, 2019
- Guyana: Headless body of Brazilian man found on Lethem road November 17, 2019
- Guyanese newlywed killed by husband in murder/suicide in Queens November 9, 2019