Share This On:
(NEWS ROOM GUYANA) — A six-year-old student of the Greenwich Park Primary School was on Saturday killed in an accident on the Farm, East Bank Essequibo public road.
The incident occurred at about 17:00hrs.
The News Room learnt that Kelissa Richards left her Lot 4 Farm home unknowing to her mother to purchase chewing gum on the other side of the public road.
As she was attempting to cross the road, she was struck down by motorcar PRR 7918.
She was picked up in an unconscious state by the driver of the motorcar and rushed her to the Leonora hospital where she was pronounced dead on arrival.
The News Room understands that the child told her mother that she wanted “chico” but her mother told her that she would get it later.
As the mother was doing household chores, the child left the yard to go buy the gum on her own.
More Guyana News Stories
- Guyana: Man sets wife on fire, commits suicide January 20, 2020
- Guyana’s first LGBTQ+ place of worship opens January 17, 2020
- Guyana: Cocaine, marijuana found on Berbice bound truck January 17, 2020
- Guyana: Crane man kills wife over alleged infidelity January 16, 2020
- Guyana: Boy, 5, loses four fingers after lighting squib January 16, 2020
- Guyana: Bandits escape with $3 million from Corentyne cambio dealer January 15, 2020