Share This On:
Acting Director of Prisons in Guyana, Gladwin Samuels, has described it as a “plus” that no Guyanese is incarcerated at the Bordelais Correctional Facility (BCF) in Saint Lucia, likewise there are no Saint Lucian in the South American country’s prison system.
Samuels, who is in Saint Lucia, reportedly accompanying his wife on a training programe until Friday, May 17, pointed out that despite the significant Guyanese population in Saint Lucia, not one Guyanese is among the 504 inmates at BCF.
He said of the estimated 2,150 inmates in Guyana prisons, none are Saint Lucian.
“Of the 504 prisoners in the facility here in Saint Lucia, I am proud that despite the Guyanese population in Saint Lucia [is] so high that we actually have no Guyanese in prison,” he told HTS.
“And fortunately for Saint Lucia as well, we currently have in the vicinity of 2,150 prisoners back home and we have no Saint Lucians, so I guess it’s a plus for both countries,” Samuels added.
According to HTS, this is Samuels’ second visit to Saint Lucia. His first was for a training programme about 15 years ago.
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019 6:04 PM
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 5:04 PM
- Roger Harper eager to lead new era of West Indies selections October 16, 2019 3:41 PM
- Food Express workers to receive wage increase, back pay, allowances: NWU October 16, 2019 3:16 PM
- Bay Gardens Resorts offers unbeatable savings for Creole Heritage Month October 16, 2019 2:51 PM
- NWU hopes to close negotiations with GNT October 16, 2019 2:03 PM