Share This On:
(NEWS ROOM GUYANA) — National basketball coach Junior Hercules was on Thursday morning robbed of over $800,000 in cash and valuables at his Lot 163, Farm, East Bank Demerara home.
Hercules told News Room that he was awakened by noises in his home at around 02:30 hrs and was confronted by four men who gained entry through a window at the back of the house.
The men, one of whom was armed with a gun, tied him up and demanded cash and valuables.
In total, Hercules who also operates a water business on the lower flat of his house, said the bandits removed six cellphones, laptops and over $100,000 in cash.
Hercules said he visited the police station and gave a statement but the officers had not visited him hours after the incident.
More Guyana News Stories
- Guyana’s first LGBTQ+ place of worship opens January 17, 2020
- Guyana: Cocaine, marijuana found on Berbice bound truck January 17, 2020
- Guyana: Crane man kills wife over alleged infidelity January 16, 2020
- Guyana: Boy, 5, loses four fingers after lighting squib January 16, 2020
- Guyana: Bandits escape with $3 million from Corentyne cambio dealer January 15, 2020
- Guyana: Grove man who stabbed girlfriend 41 times jailed for life January 14, 2020
- Guyana: Woman remanded after dousing man with hot oil January 14, 2020