Share This On:
(NEWS ROOM GUYANA) — National basketball coach Junior Hercules was on Thursday morning robbed of over $800,000 in cash and valuables at his Lot 163, Farm, East Bank Demerara home.
Hercules told News Room that he was awakened by noises in his home at around 02:30 hrs and was confronted by four men who gained entry through a window at the back of the house.
The men, one of whom was armed with a gun, tied him up and demanded cash and valuables.
In total, Hercules who also operates a water business on the lower flat of his house, said the bandits removed six cellphones, laptops and over $100,000 in cash.
Hercules said he visited the police station and gave a statement but the officers had not visited him hours after the incident.
More Guyana News Stories
- Guyana: Former soldier gets life imprisonment for beheading uncle November 19, 2019
- Guyana: Man gets 17 years in prison for killing brother November 19, 2019
- Guyana: Six-year-old girl killed trying to cross road to buy chewing gum November 19, 2019
- Guyana Bar Association mourns death of former Chief Justice Ian Chang November 18, 2019
- Guyana: Headless body of Brazilian man found on Lethem road November 17, 2019
- Guyanese newlywed killed by husband in murder/suicide in Queens November 9, 2019