Share This On:(NEWS ROOM GUYANA) — An accident on the Vlissengen Road in the vicinity of the Botanical Garden, has left a motorcyclist dead Friday afternoon.
The News Room understands that the motorcyclist and a pillion rider were proceeding at a fast rate of speed when they crashed into a Route 40 minibus.The motorcyclist died on the spot and according to eyewitnesses, his body was split in two while one of his arms ended up inside the minibus.
The pillion rider was rushed to a city hospital. Eyewitnesses told the News Room that the duo was not wearing helmets at the time of the accident.
They are yet to be identified. The News Room will provide more information as it becomes available.
More Guyana News Stories
- Guyana’s first LGBTQ+ place of worship opens January 17, 2020
- Guyana: Cocaine, marijuana found on Berbice bound truck January 17, 2020
- Guyana: Crane man kills wife over alleged infidelity January 16, 2020
- Guyana: Boy, 5, loses four fingers after lighting squib January 16, 2020
- Guyana: Bandits escape with $3 million from Corentyne cambio dealer January 15, 2020
- Guyana: Grove man who stabbed girlfriend 41 times jailed for life January 14, 2020
- Guyana: Woman remanded after dousing man with hot oil January 14, 2020