Share This On:
(NEWS ROOM GUYANA) – Police are on the hunt for a man who shot his 50-year-old father to death on Monday afternoon in Siparuni Backdam.
Dead is Jonathan John, a miner of Parmakatoi, North Pakarimas.
Police Headquarters revealed that John and two others, including his son, were imbibing at their camp when an argument ensued.
It is alleged that the suspect shot his father in the stomach with a handgun and then fled the scene.
The victim was pronounced dead on arrival at the Linden Hospital Complex.
- Guyana: Large ganja farm destroyed in Canje
- Guyana: Woman and grandchild killed after tree falls on kitchen
- Guyana: Man stabs brother to death
- Guyana: Indigenous chiefs maintain they will not let outsiders in their villages
- Guyana: Minibus driver and conductor arrested for packing minibus — breaking COVID rule
- Guyanese accused of “careless, callous behaviour” as COVID-19 cases rise
- Man stabs mother-in-law to death in Guyana
- Guyana: Dead newborn in bag treated as homicide, police reviews CCTV footage
- Guyana: Escaped COVID-19 patient captured in Brazil