Share This On:
(NEWS ROOM GUYANA) — The Moruca, North West District man who chopped his two sisters and a baby, fired a cutlass at a policeman during his arrest.
The man, identified as Randy Cozier, was arrested just before midnight on Thursday.
During the process of arresting him, the suspect wounded Detective Constable 22126 Clyde Hazelwood on his left hand.
The injured rank is presently receiving medical attention at the Moruca Cottage Hospital and is expected to be transferred to the Suddie Public Hospital.
Sisters Cynthia Cozier and Beverly France were chopped by their brother on Wednesday because they tried to prevent him from hitting a child, relatives reported.
Cynthia Cozier has since succumbed to her injuries.
Alanzo Cornelius, the father-in-law of Cynthia, told the News Room that Randy, 28, became angry after the sisters intervened and tried to stop them from hitting a child in the village. He picked up a cutlass and fired it at them repeatedly.
Cynthia, a 25-year-old mother of three was chopped to the head and other parts of the body; she had her 8-month old baby in her hand at the time. The baby was chopped to the head.
Her sister, 40-year-old Beverly, was also brutally chopped.
Police Headquarters in a statement Thursday said Cynthia succumbed to her injuries at the Suddie Hospital at around 06:30hrs Thursday, while Beverly and the baby, Kevin Suddeen, remain in a stable condition at the hospital.
- Guyana: Large ganja farm destroyed in Canje
- Guyana: Woman and grandchild killed after tree falls on kitchen
- Guyana: Man stabs brother to death
- Guyana: Indigenous chiefs maintain they will not let outsiders in their villages
- Guyana: Minibus driver and conductor arrested for packing minibus — breaking COVID rule
- Guyanese accused of “careless, callous behaviour” as COVID-19 cases rise
- Man stabs mother-in-law to death in Guyana
- Guyana: Dead newborn in bag treated as homicide, police reviews CCTV footage
- Guyana: Escaped COVID-19 patient captured in Brazil