Share This On:
(NEWS ROOM) — A North West man was Tuesday killed by a relative using a bow and arrow, police have reported.
Dead is 26-year-old Orlando Joseph of Koriabo Village, Barima.
“An initial investigation has revealed that about 15:30 hours (Tuesday) Joseph and the suspect had a misunderstanding and the suspect armed himself with a bow and arrow and shot Joseph in the upper region of his body,” police stated.
Joseph was taken to the Mabaruma Public Hospital where he succumbed at about 23:00 hours.
The suspect is being sought.
More Guyana News Stories
- Guyana: Former soldier gets life imprisonment for beheading uncle November 19, 2019
- Guyana: Man gets 17 years in prison for killing brother November 19, 2019
- Guyana: Six-year-old girl killed trying to cross road to buy chewing gum November 19, 2019
- Guyana Bar Association mourns death of former Chief Justice Ian Chang November 18, 2019
- Guyana: Headless body of Brazilian man found on Lethem road November 17, 2019