Share This On:
(NEWS ROOM GUYANA) — Leon Albert was on Tuesday afternoon found guilty by a 12-member jury of raping a six-year-old boy on June 9, 2012.
Albert was on trial before Justice Simone Morris- Ramlall; he was represented by Attorney-at-law Maxwell McKay while the State was represented by Prosecutor Tuanna Hardy.
The Judge granted McKay’s application for a probation report to be prepared in favour of his client.
Albert was remanded and will be sentenced on September 5, 2019.
In a victim impact statement, which was read in the High Court by social worker Simon Gaskin, the victim said: “I feel betrayed and sad.”
According to the report, the victim explained that he is angry with himself for allowing Albert to do what he did.
More Guyana News Stories
- Guyana: Man sets wife on fire, commits suicide January 20, 2020
- Guyana’s first LGBTQ+ place of worship opens January 17, 2020
- Guyana: Cocaine, marijuana found on Berbice bound truck January 17, 2020
- Guyana: Crane man kills wife over alleged infidelity January 16, 2020
- Guyana: Boy, 5, loses four fingers after lighting squib January 16, 2020
- Guyana: Bandits escape with $3 million from Corentyne cambio dealer January 15, 2020
- Guyana: Grove man who stabbed girlfriend 41 times jailed for life January 14, 2020