Share This On:
(NEWS SOURCE) — Two friends who were last seen with a Grove Man who was later found dead, have been charged with the man’s murder.
The two accused, Heman Gocool and Kheraj Persaud appeared before Magistrate, Faith McGusty today and were not required to enter a plea to the indictable murder charge.
It is alleged that on the 13th February, 2019 at Samatta Point, Grove, the two murdered Rohan Persaud by stabbing him to death.
Both men have been remanded to prison until the 12th March, when the matter will continue.
The Court was told that the dead man was accused of having a relationship with the wife of one of the accused and it was that accusation that allegedly led to a confrontation and fight that ended with the stabbing death.
More Guyana News Stories
- Guyana: Former soldier gets life imprisonment for beheading uncle November 19, 2019
- Guyana: Man gets 17 years in prison for killing brother November 19, 2019
- Guyana: Six-year-old girl killed trying to cross road to buy chewing gum November 19, 2019
- Guyana Bar Association mourns death of former Chief Justice Ian Chang November 18, 2019
- Guyana: Headless body of Brazilian man found on Lethem road November 17, 2019