Guyana: Five-month-old electrocuted after chewing on electrical cord

By CMC

 Share This On:

Mason Cush * Photo credit: News Source Guyana

(CMC) – Police say a five-month-old baby was electrocuted after he put a live electrical cord in his mouth.

They said the incident occurred Tuesday in the Housing Scheme Corriverton in Berbice and that the child’s mother, Onessa Jackson ,27, was at home with her three year-old son Mason Cush and husband Errol Cush.

She said she had placed the child on the floor to play with some toys while making up the bed.

The police said that “the floor had an electrical cord which was plugged into the wall and to a TV. Shortly after her three year son then shouted out to saying” mommy look baby have the electrical cord in his mouth”. She (mother) picked him up from the ground and observed that he was unconscious”.

The child was rushed to the Skeldon Public Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

The death of the baby follows another incident where an 11-month old boy drowned in a three-foot deep drain after he sneaked out of his home unknown to his family.

Police said the incident involving Alvin Matthew occurred on Monday at the Sayah Village, Cane Grove East Coast Demerara.

“It is alleged that the deceased crawled outside unnoticed. Parbattie (Mathew, mother) recognised the deceased was missing and began searching for him. The deceased was found face down in a drain, approximately 10 feet wide by 3 feet deep, situated next to the house,” the Guyana Police Force said.

(0)(3)
Copyright 2019 St. Lucia News Online. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or distributed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.