Share This On:
News Room understands that her parents identified the body.
The mother, 30-year-old Samantha Layne told Police that the child was with her while she was sweeping and some ten minutes later, she disappeared.
The mother alerted residents and a search commenced when a 6-year-old revealed that he saw when the toddler fell into the canal.
- Guyana: Large ganja farm destroyed in Canje
- Guyana: Woman and grandchild killed after tree falls on kitchen
- Guyana: Man stabs brother to death
- Guyana: Indigenous chiefs maintain they will not let outsiders in their villages
- Guyana: Minibus driver and conductor arrested for packing minibus — breaking COVID rule
- Guyanese accused of “careless, callous behaviour” as COVID-19 cases rise
- Man stabs mother-in-law to death in Guyana
- Guyana: Dead newborn in bag treated as homicide, police reviews CCTV footage
- Guyana: Escaped COVID-19 patient captured in Brazil