Share This On:
(NEWS ROOM GUYANA) — A 55-year-old man was on Monday appeared before Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan to answer to a charge of engaging in sexual activity with a four-year-old girl by bracing her to a gate and rubbing his body against her.
John Fitzgerald Hopkinson of Kitty, Georgetown was not required to plead to the charge. Police said he committed the act on April 26, 2019, at Queen Street, Kitty.
The Chief Magistrate ordered that Hopkinson be mentally evaluated to see if he is fit to stand trial.
Hopkinson was released on $20,000 bail and ordered to report back to court on October 14, 2019.
- Guyana: Large ganja farm destroyed in Canje
- Guyana: Woman and grandchild killed after tree falls on kitchen
- Guyana: Man stabs brother to death
- Guyana: Indigenous chiefs maintain they will not let outsiders in their villages
- Guyana: Minibus driver and conductor arrested for packing minibus — breaking COVID rule
- Guyanese accused of “careless, callous behaviour” as COVID-19 cases rise
- Man stabs mother-in-law to death in Guyana
- Guyana: Dead newborn in bag treated as homicide, police reviews CCTV footage
- Guyana: Escaped COVID-19 patient captured in Brazil