Share This On:
Minister of Economic Development, Guy Joseph, is trashing reports that the entire St. Jude Hospital is being demolished.
He told members of the media that in reality only two small buildings, which were recently constructed at the site are being taken down because they are “structurally unsound”.
“Ninety percent of the buildings remains,” he stated. “From what I know is just two structures, two of the smaller structures that would be impacted with any form of demolishing.”
He said the idea that St. Jude is being demolished is simply not true.
“There are two of the buildings that were problematic and these are the buildings that are being addressed and as far as demolishing is concerned,” Joseph stressed. “Everything else remains.”
He said that the government was heavily criticized when the project was stopped but expressed confidence that everything is back on track.
“The work is in full progress now,” he remarked.
Joseph defended the government’s decision to stop work on the project, saying this was done “to plan properly and to execute properly”.
“Now, what we are seeing is what we were planning, is now materializing in the work happening on the ground,” he pointed out.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Allen Chastanet has vowed that is government will deliver on the St. Jude Hospital project, which he described as “one of the most important projects in the history of Saint Lucia”.
“My government has promised to deliver on St. Jude Hospital and we are committed in this regard,” he said on Facebook. “The people of Saint Lucia have endured long enough. There is much more to come for the south and the entire island.”
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM
- Uncertainty as civil unrest continues in Dominica December 4, 2019 9:56 AM
- Police fire live ammunition, tear gas in Dominica protest (See video) December 3, 2019 4:16 PM
- Saint Lucian sculptor Jallim Eudovic to receive major Caribbean Award December 3, 2019 2:16 PM
- Botham Jean’s brother receives police award December 3, 2019 1:45 PM