Share This On:
According to Social Economic Development Minister Guy Joseph, there are persons in the civil service that are trying to undermine the sitting St. Lucian Government.
Joseph was speaking in response to the protests by 5th form students at the Choiseul Secondary School last week.
The minister claimed that plans for the rehabilitation of the fifth form block were already in place but some officials in the Ministry of Education failed to disclose the information.
The minister said that he can give information on everything about the planned project including the sites that were identified for the relocation of the students.
Joseph further said that plans will have gone ahead in January 2017.
“Some people want to make it look like this Government is incompetent and don’t know what they will doing,” Joseph said.
“If needs be I will call out their names at the appropriate time,” Joseph continued.
Protests erupted last week after students at the fifth form block of the Choiseul Secondary School complained of poor classroom conditions. The classrooms were reportedly flooded after recent heavy rains.
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM
- Prime Minister issues stirring call to action in Independence Address 2020 February 25, 2020 8:51 AM
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM