Share This On:
(SNO) — Police have charged a man who was caught with a firearm and ammunition shortly after a shooting incident in Grand Riviere, Gros Islet Wednesday night that left at least one person injured.
Charged is 30-year-old Michael Philip Laurent, a resident of Grand Riviere.
He was charged for the offence of the possession of firearm and ammunition, and reportedly received bail.
However, the bail conditions were not immediately available to our newsroom.
Laurent was caught with a .380 firearm and 10 rounds of ammunition, sources said.
He was nabbed by cops who were reportedly responding to the sound of gunshots in the area, around 9 p.m. Wednesday.
The victim of the shooting sustained a gunshot wound to the leg which is not considered life-threatening, according to sources.
“Some guys went out, fired shots at some people,” said one source. “The police was in the area and responded. They got the guy leaving the area. When he was searched the firearm was recovered; .380 (spent) shells was recovered on the scene.”
This shooting incident occurred about eight hours after the bullet-riddled lifeless body of Dominican national, Eric E. Charles, 46, was discovered in Latille, Micoud.
- Saint Lucia’s Meggan William ekes out singles victory for the Golden Eagles October 23, 2019 10:43 AM
- UK: 39 bodies found inside lorry container in Essex October 23, 2019 10:15 AM
- Gunmen raping males only on the loose in Montego Bay, Jamaica October 23, 2019 10:06 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Tarik Xavier led his US college men’s team in cross country October 23, 2019 9:54 AM
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019 6:06 PM
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM