Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Junior revelers went all out to wow the audience with their performances during their Junior Carnival at the Sab in Vigie Sunday, July 7, 2019.
Approximately 600 Junior Revelers participated in eight carnival bands namely: Harmony Kids, Explosive Mas, Nous Wivay, Royalites Xtreme, Splash HD, Xtatic Kids, Insommeil and Gros Islet Junior Carnival Band. This was a great time for all juniors to shine, to jump and make fantastic memories. They were allowed to spend hours dancing in eye-catching costumes depicting various themes.
Before the prize-giving, there was a live performance by aspiring calypso artistes, Primary School Calypso winner Mighty Lily from the Anglican Primary School singing Tribute To Teachers, third-placer in the Groovy Soca Monarch Shemmy J and second-place finisher in the Power Soca Monarch, Ezra D’Funmachine.
The final results for the National Junior Carnival are as follows:
Individual Category: 4th place with 262 points – Zinia Ramsey of Splash HD; 3rd place with 267 points – Chad Hosein of Xtatic Kids; 2nd place with 325 points – Kedia Constable of Gros Islet Junior Carnival Band; 1st place with 336 – Ammara Alexander of Xtatic Kids.
Junior King of the Band Category: 4th place with 276 – Ronaldo Wason of Splash HD; 3rd place with 280 points – Mckim Alexander of Insommeil; 2nd place with 415 points – Marvin Sylvester of Royalites Xtreme; 1st place with 417 points – Shaz Nathan Lucien of Gros Islet Junior Carnival Band.
Junior Queen of the Band Category: 4th place with 296 points – Simone Sonson of Splash HD; 3rd place with 371 points – Vivian Calderon of Nous Wivay; 2nd place with 376 points -Shaudel Joseph of Royalites Xtreme; 1st place with 401 points – Daniella Theophilus of Xtatic Kids.
Junior Band of the Year: 4th place with 376 points – Royalites Xtreme portraying “Story of Carnival”; 3rd place with 378 points – Xtatic Kids portraying “For the Culture of Story Telling”; 2nd place with 400 points – Nous Wivay portraying “Carnival Is”; 1st place with 427 points – Gros Islet Junior Carnival Band portraying “Something Fishy”.
Events Company of Saint Lucia Inc (ECSL) and its partners, Carnival Bands Association (CBA) and the Cultural Development Foundation (CDF), wrap up another week of activities and gears up to roll out the culmination of events in its final week of activities.
Saint Lucia Carnival – Nothing Sweeter Than That!
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019 6:06 PM
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM
- US hospital ship to offer free medical services in Jamaica October 21, 2019 10:55 PM
- Trinidad: Lawsuit filed against Facebook user who named man a “bandit” October 21, 2019 9:29 PM
- New tourist attraction ‘Glittering Sands’ opens in Anse-la-Raye October 21, 2019 9:20 PM
- Saint Lucia-born student wins regional essay writing competition October 21, 2019 8:10 PM