Share This On:
As of Tuesday, April 1 2014, Axcel Finance will be open for business in the South of the island. The new branch, located at Gablewoods South will serve Micoud, Vieux Fort, Laborie, Soufriere, Choiseul and environs. Opening hours are 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. except on Wednesdays.
The opening ceremony of the Axcel Finance South will see the presence of Prime Minister and MP for Vieux-Fort South, Dr. Kenny D. Anthony, other government officials, Axcel Finance Executive Management, community members, and business leaders.
Keynote remarks will be given by Prime Minister Dr. Kenny Anthony, at the official opening of the new Axcel Finance branch on Wednesday, April 2 from 10 a.m. at Gablewoods South. The theme of the event will be Microfinance in Vieux Fort and the Future of SMEs.
Axcel Finance commenced operations in St. Lucia in May 2012 with offices on the 1st Floor of the Blue Coral Mall in downtown Castries. The company sees this expansion to the South of the island as an important part of fulfilling its goal of providing all Saint Lucians access to financing at a time when this is not easily available from traditional financial institutions.
Axcel Finance has engaged in several people-oriented initiatives in St. Lucia, which have and continue to make a difference in the lives of our people and our communities. These include a Career Preparation Workshop for secondary and tertiary level students, an NGO Management Workshop, the Axcel Mentorship Programme, Axcel Angels in the community, as well as donations to schools and community-based organizations.
Axcel is the leading microfinance company in the Eastern Caribbean with offices in Antigua, Barbuda, Barbados, Grenada and St. Lucia. Axcel Finance specializes in Xpress Loans, hire purchase and small business financing for persons who would normally have difficulty accessing finance from the traditional banking sector. Personal loans for education, home improvement, emergencies and contingencies are a significant proportion of Axcel Finance’s loan portfolio.
Axcel empowers its clients by providing them with the means to realize their dreams.
More Finance/Business Stories
- NWU Secretary General elected to serve on Regional Council November 21, 2019
- Invest Saint Lucia CEO shouts: “The south shall rise again!” November 21, 2019
- ISL Entrepreneurship Meet-Up goes to Vieux Fort November 21, 2019
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019
- ECCB awards CIBC FirstCaribbean 2019 Bank of the Year – Customer service November 19, 2019
- CSA happy over collective agreement with LUCELEC but … November 19, 2019