Share This On:
(SNO) — Prime Minister Allen Chastanent has said that his government is moving to rectify the long-running St. Jude Hospital issue.
Addressing the Saint Lucia Chamber of Commerce this week, he said the designs and the engineering drawings for the project have been completed and funding has been secured for the proposed new wing.
“We are moving as fast as we possible can to rectify that situation,” he stated.
The St. Jude Hospital has been operating from the George Odlum Stadium for the past nine years and Chastanet said he knows of the challenges faced there.
“We know the challenges that exist at the stadium and we are working with the staff as best as we possibly can to make them as comfortable as possible, but we recognize and understand the frustration by both the people who are working there, as well as the citizens who have to depend on it,” he stated.
According to the Prime Minister his government must do the right thing when it comes to the matter.
“I can assure all Saint Lucians that you will be very proud of the development,” he stated. I am comfortable that once you have all the financing, you have the design completed and you have a great company doing the implementation that you should not see a repeat of what happened the last five years.”
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM