Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — To augment the public facility maintenance efforts of the Ministry of Equity, Social Justice, Empowerment, Youth Development, Sports, Culture and Local Government (MOST), six Local Government Council
employees successfully completed a plumbing skills maintenance programme at the Sir Arthur Lewis Community College.
At a ceremony on Wednesday, February 6, 2019 the Council workers were handed certificates to recognize their accomplishments.
Deputy Permanent Secretary Lenita Joseph commended the workers for their efforts.
“I am really pleased to be standing here today to congratulate you on finishing the programme. You have my support and commitment and we will continue to find that initiative to help build the vocational skills of Local Government employees,” Joseph said.
The participants were very thankful for being given this opportunity.
“I started a course before but in this course I learnt a lot. I want to thank the Ministry for giving me this
opportunity,” one participant said.
The Research Unit of the Ministry undertook a ‘National Public Standpipe Facility Assessment Exercise’ from 2016 to 2017. One of the recommendations was to get Council employees certified in the trade of plumbing.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM