Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Her Excellency the Governor General is scheduled to leave the State on the evening ofJune 7, 2016 for the United Kingdom to attend activities planned for the official celebration of the 90th Birthday of Her Majesty the Queen.
She will join other Governors General from the Queen’s Realms for a Service of Celebration and Thanksgiving at St. Paul’s Cathedral on Friday June 10.
Other events include a Special Meeting for Governors General convened by the Palace to discuss matters pertinent to the Realms, a Luncheon at Buckingham Palace onJune 10, and the Queen’s Birthday Parade – Trooping the Colour on Saturday, June 11, the date of her official birthday, held every year on the second Saturday in June.
Her Excellency returns to the State on Monday, June 13.
More General Stories
- Blanchard Community Center to be rehabilitated October 13, 2019
- Meeting mom doesn’t always mean you’re ‘wifey’ October 12, 2019
- SLASPA conducts simulation exercise at Castries seaport October 10, 2019
- UN Climate Action Summit addresses the plight of SIDS October 1, 2019
- Saint Lucia Fire Service receives US$120,000 donation from Korea October 1, 2019