Share This On:
(GIS) — The government of Saint Lucia has placed culture and creative industries as one of the top ten priorities for development.
The new term being used to define culture and creative industries is the orange economy.
Minister responsible for Culture and Creative Industries, Senator Fortuna Belrose, believes that the creative industry can be maximized for economic growth, and is cognizant of the role that the services sector plays within the creative industries.
She said the government has begun to put the legal framework in place to grow the new orange economy.
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM
- 1st phase of Market Redevelopment Project almost ready February 18, 2020 10:39 AM
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020 9:09 AM
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020 8:48 AM
- 16-year-old among victims of Dominica plane crash February 17, 2020 6:31 PM
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020 2:08 PM
- Items found in sea as Dominica plane crash rescue mission continues February 17, 2020 10:37 AM
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM