Share This On:
Prime Minister Dr. Kenny Anthony has said he is “deeply saddened” by the passing of Laurie Barnard who has made a “tremendous contribution to the development of the country, both in the private and state sectors”.
Barnard was the managing director of St. Lucia Distillers, a company Prime Minister Anthony said he nurtured from humble beginnings to worldwide recognition.
Barnard also served as president of the Saint Lucia Manufacturers Association, the Saint Lucia Chamber of Commerce, and most recently, chairman of the Saint Lucia Tourist Board.
“Notwithstanding his vast number of interests, his name will forever be linked to the internationally renowned St. Lucia Distillers…” the prime minister said in a statement.
“Indeed, over the past few years there was hardly a period when the company did not receive international recognition for one of its products,” the prime minister added.
“Laurie Barnard was a calm and gentle, yet resolute soul who provided sterling leadership and guidance to the organisations and businesses with which he was involved.
“Our country has lost an illustrious son and the Government of Saint Lucia wishes to express its thanks for his service to country. During this period of pain and sorrow we extend our sincerest condolences and may his soul rest in peace,” Prime Minister Anthony added.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Invest Saint Lucia CEO shouts: “The south shall rise again!” November 21, 2019
- ISL Entrepreneurship Meet-Up goes to Vieux Fort November 21, 2019
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019
- ECCB awards CIBC FirstCaribbean 2019 Bank of the Year – Customer service November 19, 2019
- CSA happy over collective agreement with LUCELEC but … November 19, 2019
- Closure of office November 18, 2019