Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Government of Saint Lucia continues its efforts to work with communities as part of the National Crime Fighting strategy. Prime Minister Honourable Allen Chastanet joined the Gros Islet Police Station as they embarked on a new community engagement program.
The objective of the meeting held at the Gros Islet Human Resource Development Centre was to help ascertain the needs and concerns of community members and provide vital information about community crime fighting strategies.
ASP Thomas of the Gros Islet Police Station went on to highlight some of the improvements made to their service delivery and community outreach programs.
Charon Gardener Hippolyte of the Project Management and Delivery Unit made a presentation on the national crime fighting strategy, research findings, data and plans for continued improvement and development within the Royal Saint Lucia Police Force.
Residents also got the chance to have open dialogue with the commissioner of police, the parliamentary representative Honourable Lenard Spider Montoute and Prime Minister Honourable Allen Chastanet.
This forms part of ongoing outreach meetings to create healthier synergies between the police and the communities they serve.
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM
- 1st phase of Market Redevelopment Project almost ready February 18, 2020 10:39 AM
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020 9:09 AM
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020 8:48 AM