Share This On:
(GIS) – Efforts by Government of Saint Lucia to improve citizen safety, are bearing fruit—so says Prime Minister Hon. Allen Chastanet after a high caliber weapon was confiscated this past weekend.
As part of its medium-term development plan for the period ending 2022, government has made citizen safety a key area of focus, with the aim of reducing serious crime by 45 percent, while reducing repeat offenders by 35 percent.
As part of the initiative, over 500 more closed circuit television cameras are to be installed along the island’s roadways with the help of Digicel. Speaking at a pre-cabinet press briefing on Jan. 13, Prime Minister Chastanet said such interventions are necessary.
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020 12:50 PM
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020 11:42 AM
- Educators trained in using library books to bring classroom lessons to life February 14, 2020 9:39 AM
- Beware fake news and myths about coronavirus, warns tourism health specialists February 13, 2020 12:17 PM
- British airways adds new flights from London to Saint Lucia February 13, 2020 11:36 AM
- Concern over meat and fish imports from China February 13, 2020 10:36 AM
- Foreign national tests negative for coronavirus February 12, 2020 9:43 PM