Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – SLUDTERA would like to inform interested persons that the data is in about the number of children who have received gold, silver and bronze awards around the Commonwealth for the 2018 Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition.
Across every region of the #Commonwealth, approximately one third of entrants received Gold, Silver or Bronze awards in recognition of their hard work and talent. The below map shows how many were awarded in each region.
Junior Awards Categories (Under 14s) Senior Awards Categories (Ages 14–18)
Junior Prize Winner Senior Prize Winner
Junior Runner Up Senior Runner Up
Gold Awards Gold Awards
Silver Awards Silver Awards
Bronze Awards Bronze Awards
In 2018, 12,000 young people from across the Commonwealth entered the Competition, and of the 178 Awardees from the Americas and the Caribbean, 6 students from St. Lucia earned gold, silver and bronze awards.
Congratulations to all!
A follow-up article will be posted on the identities of these students.
For those students who are not sure of the process to check their results, please follow the instructions below. If you submitted an entry for this year’s Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition, please do the following;
– Simply visit https://essay.thercs.org/ and enter your login details
– Next, put in your reference number and hit enter
– Your certificate will open displaying either a participation notice or an award notice
Read all about the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition’s fantastic young writers, and their winning pieces on their website: https://thercs.org/competition
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools
- SALCC teaches English to Cuban medical personnel
- CXC exams to begin July 13 (see full timetable)
- Annual Breakfast for Education canceled; virtual fundraiser to be held in its place
- Saint Lucia to re-open school for Grade 6 and Form 5 students on June 3
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Saint Lucian elected to ‘largest philanthropy dedicated to improving health in US’
- Saint Lucian public gets virtual library service during COVID-19 quarantine
- Saint Lucian students to write CXC exams in July 2020