Share This On:
With a new executive having been put in place recently, and confirmation that funding for the National Aquatic Centre has been promised by the Taiwanese government, the sport of swimming is riding the crest of a wave.
Now, with the Minister of Youth Development and Sports having lauded their accomplishments last week in the House of Assembly, local swimming fans have the opportunity to see the island’s best in action.
The Saint Lucia Amateur Swimming Association announced on Monday that it will host the ‘Go Swim’ Developmental Meet from 1pm this coming Saturday at the Rodney Heights Aquatic Centre.
Eyes will of course be on young Terrell Monplaisir and Katie Kyle, who copped individual medals at the CARIFTA Swimming Championship, as well as Terrell’s medal-winning relay teammates from Sea Jays Swim Club.
According to a release from the Association, “This developmental meet is designed to encourage all swimmers to swim for best times. This will be the continuation of a series of developmental meets designed to encourage swimmers to compete on a regular basis and achieve desired motivational times.”
Some of the top swimmers will be preparing for regional competition this summer, including the Goodwill Championship, the XIX Central American and Caribbean Championships (CCCAN), and the Pan Am Games.
More Sports Stories
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019
- SUPER50: Centurions Bravo, Solozano crush Volcanoes November 8, 2019
- SUPER50: Debutante Savory leads Guyana Jaguars to tight win November 8, 2019
- Super50: Pride take the sting out of Scorpions November 8, 2019
- Jamaican Olympic sprinter Michael Fray dies in apparent suicide November 7, 2019