Share This On:
The secret ballot poll will facilitate a process that would ultimately determine one way or another a recognition claim submitted on behalf of the security guards to the Department of Labour by the National Workers Union (NWU).
The process will be administered by officials from the Department of Labour with representatives of the company and the National Workers Union present. Both the NWU and G4S Security Company have agreed to a Mobile Unit exercise that would not inflict any form of disruption of the services provided by the company to its clients.
The process will commence at 7.00 a.m. and should be held throughout the day. Employees at Soufriere, Vieux Fort and operational bases in Castries will be given the right to demonstrate their freedom of association.
Meanwhile the National Workers Union has written to the management of Guardsman Security requesting its full cooperation while the NWU conducts its mop up operation of having workers join the National Workers Union.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Republic Bank (EC) meets Saint Lucia business community February 20, 2020
- BOSL to host second Own Your Home showcase and seminar February 19, 2020
- Social workers attend software refresher course February 18, 2020
- Global investors look to diversify portfolios amid coronavirus chaos February 18, 2020
- General procurement notice: Closure Plan for Vieux Fort Landfill February 18, 2020
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020